MY EQUALITY & DIVERSITY PROMISE TO MY CUSTOMERS AND INDUSTRY COLLEAGUES
I work within the boundaries as set out by my professional organisation and the standards for celebrants as set out by the Fellowship of Professional Celebrants and Wedding Celebrancy Commission.
I am dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture within the whole wedding industry. It is within ALL of our best interests to promote equality and diversity as we eliminate discrimination.
My aim is to ensure that couples, families and industry colleagues are given equal opportunity, and that both of my businesses are representative of all sections of society.
Each person I deal with will be respected and valued.
This statement reinforces my commitment to providing equality and fairness to all I have the pleasure of dealing with. Along with an assurance that I will not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender (identity and expression). Marriage, civil partnership, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
I am strongly opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and bias.
- To create an environment in which individual differences are recognised and valued and celebrated.
- To create an environment that promotes dignity and respect.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment.
- To challenge and confront any such behaviour should it arise.
- To undertake further personal development training.
- To keep abreast of new developments within society and the wider wedding industry in terms of language and behaviour
- To promote equality in my workspace, amongst celebrants and wider industry colleagues
I will be monitoring and reviewing this statement regularly to ensure that I continue to promote and educate others in my support of equality and diversity within the wedding industry.